Sales & Business Development
Seoul, Korea, republic of
Date: Dec 11, 2018 | Job Number: REF14330S
Recruiter: Tosh Onishi
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays
Job Description and Responsibilities
Visa’s Digital Partnerships and Ventures Team is a client facing organization that sets Visa’s public digital narrative, develops commercial partnerships with industry leading brands and platform providers and manages the ongoing engagement with large and small Fintech players across the region. Digital Partnerships is responsible for developing business development capabilities across regional offices, ensuring that teams have the sales narrative, tools, packaged programs and deal support required to ensure Visa are the partner of choice for all Fintechs.
Visa Digital Partnerships is responsible for identifying, structuring, closing and managing major strategic partnerships, alliances and commercial deals. Digital Partnerships works closely with Visa’s Core Product and Solutions teams to oversee transactions that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
The Korea Head of Digital Partnerships position requires an experienced business development professional and sector expert capable of developing and managing Visa’s key strategic relationships and related programs with major commerce ecosystems in Korea. The role has a number of primary leadership responsibilities:
- Creating and disseminating Visa’s digital narrative through events and ecosystem engagement
- Managing sales targets and partnership pipeline, ensuring Korea is aligned to the regional plan
- Working with Strategy team on key venture activities in Korea
- Create and execute on our strategy for the expansion of Prepaid and Push Payments capabilities
The position will require a structured and programmatic approach to building and broadening relationships with key players and developing in-country business development and account management capabilities.
The Digital Partnerships team works closely with Visa Korea’s Core Product and Digital Solutions teams as well as other stakeholders such as Processing, CyberSource, Risk, Finance, Marketing, etc. to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
- Bring a structured and programmatic approach to partner business development and relationship management
- Identify partners that will help Visa bring valuable thought leadership and “the future of” insights to our clients
- Develop customized engagement strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share for select strategic partner accounts
- Lead the account and relationship management and sales plan for these accounts, ensuring that the client’s business objectives are met
- Manage the Executive Leadership relationships within the sectors
- Manage the Executive Leadership within Visa Korea and AP in achieving the sectors objectives
- Develop and manage the budget and/or P&L related to the sectors
- Lead the program delivery related to the sectors (e.g. pricing, specification, and implementation of new programs)
- Lead the development of a country strategy for increasing the adoption of prepaid and push payments products in the Korean market.
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
- Develop and deliver the Commerce Ecosystem Sector strategy and objectives in Korea
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Lead the development of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and negotiate contractual relationships with strategic partners
- Continuously review client and market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches that ensures that the client’s business objectives are met as well as grow the Visa business
- Support the Korea leadership team in developing the Korea country strategy
- MBA or other advanced degree
- 15+ years relevant industry experience with a minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in the sector, with related business development or strategy consulting roles
- Outstanding executive communications skills as a spokesperson for Innovation & Strategic Partnerships within Visa and across the industry
- Strategic, analytical thinker who consistently challenges the status quo and constructively challenges the team to aim for higher ground; change agent
- Vision and passion for our business, with high energy and intelligence
- Personal commitment to Strategic Partnerships discipline and best practices
- Structured in your approach, with a high attention to detail and quality on both internal team work and external products brought to market
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial and nimble, while also able to navigate a globally matrixed environment
- Multi-national experience preferred
Posted by BCCK Posted on 15 Jan
- If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV in English at: Onishi, Tosh firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Deadline: January 18, 2019
- Thank you for your interest. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.