The BCCK is committed to advocating on behalf of its members to promote market liberalization and help resolve market access-related issues in Korea. The Chamber actively investigates barriers to business in Korea and utilizes its wide network within the Korean and British governments to bring such issues to the attention of relevant policymakers and organizations.
Core Advocacy Principles
The BCCK will base its overall advocacy efforts upon the following principles, which it believes are vital to further develop commerce between the UK and Korea, promote the interests of British companies and members, and improve the international business environment in Korea.
- Free market principles
- Level playing field
- Transparent and fair process
- Global best practices
- Solution-based recommendations
- UK-Korea economic integration
- Represent member companies’ business interests externally to effect changes that will improve the international business environment in Korea;
- Facilitate the exchange of views on key public policy issues between member companies and the Korean government;
- Advocate for the implementation of policies that will create meaningful business opportunities for members;
- Enhance the members’ market intelligence and understanding of the Korean regulations affecting their business.