Product, Program, and Project Management (Non-Technical)
Seoul, Korea, republic of
Date: Dec 21, 2018 | Job Number: REF14742U
Recruiter: Tosh Onishi
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Processing function has the responsibility for developing the network processing strategy and executing to grow transactions on the Visa network through innovations and value-added services; delivering edge services like issuer processing, and working with internal stakeholders on domestic processing opportunities. The Director, Processing will serve as the leader for network processing for the Korea market. This role has responsibilities for network and domestic processing for the Korea market. This role will require demonstrated knowledge of payment processing business in addition to effectively leveraging the global team who are subject matter experts in their respective markets. The role will require strong leadership capabilities, to manage and support a cross-cultural and geographically dispersed team of highly skilled professionals.
Jointly reporting to the Head of AP Processing and to the Head of Korea Products, the Director of Processing will be expected to interact effectively with all levels of country, regional, and functional senior management. This position involves external interaction and communication with key Visa stakeholders, including banks, regulators, processors and strategic vendors.
The position will be based at Visa’s office in Korea.
Lead the development and manage the execution strategy for the Korea market.
- Align with product, sales and acceptance initiatives.
- Lead and support Korea market teams to ensure country management and sales teams are effectively communicated to in regards to strategies and plans
- Ensure activities are regularly reviewed and reported to all relevant global Function, AP and Korea leaders.
- Manage the identification and assessment of processing trends, opportunities and threats in the Korea market.
- Identify, qualify and quantify market specific opportunities (e.g., Visa Payments Processing API, CyberSource to VisaNet, etc.) in close cooperation with local relationship management and product teams
- Develop, own and communicate the Processing annual operating plan to achieve business objectives.
- Promote an understanding of critical success factors to achieving network processing revenue objectives.
- Provide input into design and implementation of general marketing and promotional activities to ensure increased awareness of processing objectives and priorities.
- Lead and utilize market team leader’s subject Matter Expertise (SME) to provide processing consultancy to clients and payment system stakeholders.
- Provide professional advice and consultancy to relevant stakeholders covering both tactical and strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Visa’s processing capabilities overall with specific knowledge and leadership of network processing objectives
Provide leadership to ensure training of relationship management staff with the goal of ensuring relationship management becomes self-sufficient in processing sales and opportunity identification.
- Bachelor’s degree and advanced degree in engineering subjects preferred
- 12+ years relevant industry experience with a minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in the Payment Processing sector, with related business development and sales experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills to influence direction and change attitudes / decisions of senior level management and clients – proven negotiation skills required
- Outstanding executive communications skills as a spokesperson for Processing within Visa and across the industry
- Strategic, analytical thinker who consistently challenges the status quo and constructively challenges the team to aim for higher ground; change agent
- Vision and passion for our business, with high energy and intelligence
- Structured in your approach, with a high attention to detail and quality on both internal team work and external products brought to market
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial and nimble, while also able to navigate a globally matrixed environment
- Multi-national experience preferred
Posted by BCCK Posted on 15 Jan
- If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV in English at: Onishi, Tosh firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Deadline: January 18, 2019
- Thank you for your interest. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.