Membership Coordinator – The British Chamber of Commerce in Korea
About the BCCK’s Membership Department
The British Chamber of Commerce in Korea (BCCK) is an organisation that represents the business interests of its members in Korea. The Chamber represents a broad spectrum of British, international and Korean companies, who share significant commercial interests in the country. The Chamber’s Membership Department support the needs of BCCK members in Korea.
The Membership Coordinator at the BCCK is primarily responsible for developing relationships with members, prospective members and achieving new membership and retention goals for the Chamber. This includes identifying, signing up new members and building relationships with existing members and advocating their needs internally. The Membership Coordinator also creates and implements short and long-term strategy for retention of current members and recruitment of new member companies. Moreover, the Membership Coordinator attends events and hosting in-house functions to promote BCCK to highlight benefits of membership to current and prospective members. The Membership Coordinator also works as staff liaison to one or several working committees.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop and maintain relationships with members, prospective members, including large and small corporations, educational institutions, private foundations, business associations.
- Interact with members and network with potential members at various events.
- Seek opportunities to promote BCCK and sell memberships.
- Follow-up on member referrals, leads from board members, staff, newspaper articles, lists.
- Encourage active members to make personal referrals and to assist with recruitment efforts.
- Maintain the BCCK’s CRM, database develops and ensures that established procedures for processing prospective members’ applications are consistently followed.
- Process member resignations; develops reports and undertakes special projects as applicable if membership retention problems arise.
- Oversee maintenance of member files, including tracking of membership payments and general correspondence.
- Coordinate with the head of events on member events and programs.
- Coordinate with the head of marketing on marketing tools and responsibilities to properly promote membership, programs, and events.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be fluent in English and Korean.
- Must have excellent research and analytical skills as well as effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing in both Korean and English, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must be able to take initiative and work effectively under pressure.
- Must be capable of independent decision-making and multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated, passionate and creative with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organisation.
- Must have excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient with database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to personally provide high level of interactive service to membership base, building relationships.
Preferred Qualifications & Abilities
- BA or MA Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration.
- Experience with using a CRM.
- 1-2 years of work experience.
The BCCK Offers
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Opportunities for learning and development in a fast-moving and growing organisation
- Flexible working hours (arriving between 8-10 am and leaving between 5-7 pm)
- Some flexibility in working from home
- In-office cafeteria with drinks, snacks and a nice view
- CBD office
- Casual Friday
Required Documents for Submission
Documents must be in both English and Korean. Please name the documents as follows: Full Name_Position Applying For_Document Language (English/Korean) Date (YYYYMMDD)
- Cover Letter (English and Korean)
- Resume (English and Korean)
The due date for all application materials is January 28, 2019 by 12 pm. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Candidates will be asked to take a written English test following their passage through an initial document-based review.
Interviews will be conducted both in English and Korean.