Accounting & Administration Manager – The British Chamber of Commerce in Korea (BCCK)
About the BCCK and the Accounting & Administration
The British Chamber of Commerce in Korea (BCCK) is an organisation that represents the business interests of its members in Korea. The Chamber represents a broad spectrum of British, international and Korean companies, who share significant commercial interests in the country. The position involves primarily working on the accounting-related activities of the Chamber as well as the administering of BCCK HR and office functions.
The BCCK offers an exciting and dynamic environment in which to work. The Chamber’s role is to advise and support British companies doing business in Korea and to aid those that are planning to expand existing activities. The job holder will work closely with the British Embassy, British and Korean companies, and BCCK members.
Job Role Summary
The BCCK is seeking an Accounting & Administration Manager. The Accounting & Admin Manager manages all the accounting and administrative work of the British Chamber of Commerce in Korea (BCCK). This includes the ensuring appropriate accounting reporting as well as clear financial reporting internally across multiple revenue streams and cost centres on a monthly basis. The role also includes the management of documentation to support HR functions and the management of the office of the organization.
This is a full-time position with a 12-month contract which is renewed depending on performance.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure appropriate accounting process and basic financial reporting across multiple revenue streams and cost centres on a monthly basis;
- Maintenance of already established set of financial controls as the Chambers activities;
- Support of financial forecasts, and tracking of actual performance against forecast;
- Support of budgeting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Performance of accounting tasks including, but not limited to:
- AR: billing, issue tax invoice, monitor collection, weekly review of AR aging;
- AP: review invoices, remit payments;
- Treasury: visit bank branch to perform wires, daily cash reconciliation
- Monthly closing: prepare supporting documents for book-keeping service, accounting for lease and fixed asset;
- Budgeting: update forecasts, generate reports such as budget vs. actual, performance reports by cost centres;
- Support external audit and tax filings;
- Ad-hoc projects.
- Data entry and team reporting of targets vs. forecasts;
- Prepare monthly information pack ahead of ExCo meetings, which contain financials, office reports, calendar updates, committee reports, events reports;
- Send out minutes after ExCo meetings;
- Arrange sub-committee meetings and prepare relevant documents before and after such meetings;
- Administering and support of HR functions;
- Record, monitor and report employee KPI achievement;
- Maintain historical human resource records; keeping past and current records;
- Manage staff holiday, time in lieu and sick leave requests;
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements;
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments for the CEO;
- Manage expenses/vehicle and insurances for the CEO;
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.) for the CEO;
- Manage office to ensure stationery, provisions for staff, equipment and other office functions;
- Actively endeavour to reach the KPIs as set by management.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Account qualification
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be fluent in English and Korean.
- Must be able to clearly articulate reasons for changes and trends in financial numbers.
- Must have strong research and analytical skills as well as effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to take initiative and work effectively under pressure.
- Must be capable of independent decision-making and multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated, passionate and creative with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organisation.
- Must have excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient with database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have experience with accounting software.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- BA or MA Degree accounting or finance;
- 2+ years of work experience;
- Experience of working with KPIs;
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office; Adobe (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator) (preferred);
The BCCK Offers
- Competitive salary between 30,000,000 KRW – 35,000,000 KRW and other benefits;
- Opportunities for growth, development and promotion in a fast-moving organization;
- 15 days annual paid leave in year one, 17 in year two and 1 day every 2 years (capped at 25 days);
- Flexible working hours (arriving between 8-10am and leaving between 5-7pm);
- 1 day per month able to work from home;
- Time in lieu provided for those working out-of-hour events;
- In-office cafeteria area with drinks, snacks and nice view;
- Casual Friday;
- Annual workshop (2018 Phuket, Thailand);
- Monthly subsidy (100,000 KRW) for outside work activities (educational/fitness);
- New CBD office location.
Required Documents for Submission
Documents must be in both English and Korean. Please name the documents as follows: Full Name_Position Applying For_Document Language (English/Korean) Date (YYYYMMDD)
- Cover Letter (English and Korean)
- Resume (English and Korean)
The due date for all application materials is May 18, 2019 by 12 pm. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Candidates will be asked to take a written English test following their passage through an initial document-based review.
Interviews will be conducted both in English and Korean.