About the BCCK’s Trade Department
The British Chamber of Commerce in Korea (BCCK) is an organisation that represents the business interests of its members in Korea. The Chamber represents a broad spectrum of British, international and Korean companies, who share significant commercial interests in the country. The Chamber’s Trade Services help British companies seeking to enter the Korean market.
BCCK is seeking a Trade Coordinator for its Trade and Policy Team. This position will support all aspects of the Chamber’s Trade related activities, including but not limited to conducting research projects on key trade areas, supporting the entrance of British companies into the Korean market.
The position is a full-time (1 year, renewed on performance) and will start in August.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Undertake market research work for UK companies;
- Help gather information to develop strategies/business plans that support UK companies seeking to begin or expand their business activities in Korea;
- Find and organise contacts to develop a network with UK and Korean companies and organisations;
- Support and produce Sector Reports;
- Aid the provision of business advice and assistance to UK companies;
- Conduct data entry and other reporting requirements to meet quality and timing targets;
- Support and lead projects to help UK companies enter the market;
- Support the wider work of the BCCK team and create additional opportunities for BCCK members;
- Provide support to the CEO as needed;
- Support BCCK events and functions as needed;
- Assist with preparing materials for the BCCK trade meetings and events;
- Monitor trade developments in Korea and the UK;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be fluent in English and Korean.
- Must have excellent research and analytical skills as well as effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to take initiative and work effectively under pressure.
- Must be capable of independent decision-making and multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated, passionate and creative with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organisation.
- Must have excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient with database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred Qualifications & Abilities
- BA or MA Degree in political science, international relations, business and/or relevant fields
- Experience of conducting a research and/or consulting
- 2+ years of work experience
- Positive, confident and dynamic personality
- Competitive compensation & benefits, 26,000,000 – 29,000,000 KRW
- Opportunities for learning and development in a fast-moving and growing organisation
- Flexible working hours (arriving between 8-10 am and leaving between 5-7 pm)
- Some flexibility in working from home
- 15 days paid annual leave
- In-office cafeteria with drinks, snacks and a nice view
- CBD office
- Casual Friday
Required Documents for Submission
Documents must be in both English and Korean. Please name the documents as follows: Full Name_Position Applying For_Document Language (English/Korean) Date (YYYYMMDD)
- Cover Letter (English and Korean)
- Resume (English and Korean)
The due date for all application materials is July 19, 2019 by 12 pm. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Candidates will be asked to take a written English test following their passage through an initial document-based review.
Interviews will be conducted both in English and Korean.