Within thirty (30) days of the election of the Executives at the Annual General Meeting, the Executive Committee so assembled shall appoint from amongst them a Chairman, two (2) Vice Chairman, a Treasurer and a Trustee, collectively referred to as the Officers.
The term of office for every Officer shall run concurrently with his term as an Executive.
Any vacancy occurring amongst the Officers by reason of death, incapacitation, resignation or expulsion may be filled by the appointment of a replacement Officer by the Executive Committee from the remaining Executives.
4. Duties of Officers
– A. The Chairman shall represent BCCK, and shall have and exercise general supervisory authority over the affairs and activities of BCCK. The Chairman shall preside over the General Meetings and Executive Committee meetings.
– B. The two (2) Vice Chairmen shall provide assistance to the Chairman. One Vice Chairman shall be responsible for Membership maintenance and the other Vice Chairman for external liaison. During the Chairman’s temporary absence, the Vice Chairman selected by the Executive Committee shall perform the roles of the Chairman in his place. In the event the Chairman and both of the Vice Chairmen are temporarily absent, an Executive selected by the Executive Committee shall perform the roles of the Chairman.
– C. The Treasurer shall exercise authority over the accounting matters of BCCK and shall be responsible for the preparation of financial reports and disclosure of financial information.
– D. The Trustee will provide assistance to the Chairman as the officer responsible for administrative matters of the BCCK.
5. Disqualification of Officer
The following persons may not serve as an Officer of BCCK:
– A. A minor or a person subject to guardianship under the laws of Korea;
– B. A person who has been adjudged bankrupt by a court of competent jurisdiction of Korea or the United Kingdom and whose bankruptcy proceeding was not officially dismissed at least three (3) years prior to the date of his appointment as an Officer;
– C. A person convicted of crime and sentenced to a prison term under the laws of Korea or the United Kingdom;
If an incumbent Officer is determined to be or to have been such a person at the time of the appointment, such Officer shall immediately be deemed to be dismissed from office and his voting right revoked. An Officer so removed shall not have any right of appeal.
6. Dismissal and Resignation of Officers
– A. An Officer may be dismissed from office by a resolution of the Executive Committee (i) if such Officer is deemed to have been delinquent or negligent in his duties as an Officer, or (ii) if such Officer is found to have violated the laws of Korea or the Articles resulting in material loss or damage to BCCK.
– B. An Officer so dismissed by a resolution of the Executive Committee shall be entitled to an opportunity to appeal the dismissal by making a written demand for a hearing there for to the Executive Committee within fifteen (15) business days of the Executive Committee’s resolution on his dismissal. If the Officer fails to so appeal, he shall be deemed to have waived his right of appeal. Within thirty (30) business days of the Executive Committee’s receipt of the demand for hearing, the Executive Committee shall hold a hearing. Any decision reached by the Executive Committee following such hearing shall be final.
– C. An Officer may also be dismissed from office by a resolution adopted at an Extraordinary General Meeting. If the subject of such dismissal is the Chairman, one of the two (2) Vice Chairman selected by the Executive Committee shall preside over the Extraordinary General Meeting assembled to decide upon the Chairman’s
– D. An Officer so dismissed by a resolution of the Extraordinary General Meeting shall not be entitled to an opportunity to appeal.
– E. If an Officer loses authority as the Accredited Representative of the Member he is affiliated with, such Officer shall resign from the office of the Officer without delay.
– F. If an Officer resigns or is dismissed, the Executive Committee shall appoint a replacement Officer from amongst the Executives without delay.